Texas telecommunications industry’s commitment to customer service
Rusty Moore, general manager of BBT and president of the Texas Telephone Association board of directors, provides an update on the Texas telecommunications industry’s commitment to customer service during the coronavirus outbreak.
Watch the video>>
Keep Americans Connected Pledge
BBT has joined the FCC’s “Keep Americans Connected Pledge” to ensure our customers can stay connected during this COVID-19 crisis.
BBT's Commitment to Health & Safety
To our customers, neighbors, and communities:
At BBT (Big Bend Telephone), the health and well-being of our customers, employees and communities is our top priority. We understand the concern and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19). We want you to know that have response plans in place to help ensure that we will be able to continue providing quality, reliable service to our community.
The health of our customers and employees is very important to us; therefore, we have processes to help detect, prevent and control the spread of infectious diseases, like COVID-19, that might impact our workplace. We also want to inform you of other steps we are taking to assist our customers.
Our processes to help detect, prevent, and control the spread of illness such as COVID-19:
- We encourage employees to practice social distancing when appropriate. At this time, we are allowing certain personnel to work from home.
- If an employee must enter a customer’s home or business, the employee must wash his/her hands for 30 seconds.
- We do not allow our employees to work if they are sick. If an employee arrives at work exhibiting signs of illness, we immediately send the employee home. We provide sick leave so that our employees do not feel they have to work when they are sick.
Other steps we are taking to assist customers:
- Easy payment options:
- You can pay your bill online - click here to get started.
- Pay by phone is available, call us at 844.592.4781 - Monday -Thursday, 8am - 6pm | Friday 8am - 5pm
- Please contact us if you cannot afford your bill if you cannot work during an outbreak in our community.
- Customer service, billing and service questions, 1.800.592.4781 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 24/7 Helpdesk: 1.800.520.0092
- Troubles & Outages: 1.800.592.4781 or email@example.com
BBT continues to monitor the situation, and we are currently evaluating the need for additional precautionary measures.
GET THE FACTS! The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website provides updated information on the outbreak.
In the coming weeks as the COVID-19 situation evolves, we will continue to communicate health and safety measures, as well as other important information.
Thank you - from all of us at BBT