Yes, you can afford Telephone or Internet Service!
The Lifeline Program is a federal and state government program that reduces the monthly cost of phone or broadband service for qualifying low-income households. BBT participates in the Lifeline Program.
How do I qualify?
You may qualify for the Lifeline Program if you receive benefits from one of the following:
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program support
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Health Benefit Coverage under Child Health Plan (CHIP) under Chapter 62 support
- National School Lunch Program - Free Lunch Program
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- Your total household income is at or below 150% of federal poverty guidelines.
Note: Federal and state regulations limit the Lifeline benefit to one per household for either phone or broadband service
How do I apply to get a discount on my monthly phone or broadband bill?
You can apply for Lifeline Discounts by calling toll free 1-866-454-8387 or by downloading the application on the Texas PUC website.